THE LI WOOD CARVERS SHOW


Thursday, October 1, 2015

What Is It?



What Is It?  
The problem with writing a coherent essay on any item is that generally the writer is somewhat at a disadvantage. Make one mistake or perhaps use a regional name for the description and the switchboard lights up with corrections from almost all points on the planet. I do not know whether that is reflective of the market penetration of the Lee Valley newsletter or the fact that there are some pretty sharp readers out in the Ethernet just looking for some action. Well, I may have struck gold this time, folks.

Even I did not have a clue … initially. The only reason the item was stuck in the pile was the "Toronto" stamp on one side and the maker's mark I have yet to identify. For years I had seen these pieces and always mused as to their uses.
The rest of the story is HERE